Healing with Laser Therapy
Oak Forest Veterinary Hospital uses laser therapy in our pet clinic to aid in the healing of damaged tissue and pain relief. Laser therapy provides a non–invasive, pain–free, surgery-free, drug-free treatment which is used in a variety of conditions and may be performed in conjunction with existing treatments. Relief and improvement are often noticed within hours.
Laser therapy uses a beam of light to deeply penetrate tissue without damaging it to stimulate the body to heal from within. The laser light energy induces a biological response in the cells which leads to a reduction in pain, inflammation and speedier healing times.
Treatments are administered by a thoroughly trained veterinary technician under the direction of a veterinarian. The laser light is delivered through a noninvasive handpiece to treat the affected areas. Laser therapy treatments are custom-tailored for each patient and condition, completely pain-free and typically last only 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
Laser therapy is effective in treating both acute and chronic conditions. The list of laser therapy treatments is extensive. Some common treatments include:
- Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease or hip dysplasia
- General pain management (fractures, sprains, strains & stiffness)
- Post-surgical healing & pain relief (spays, neuters, declaws and other surgeries)
- Dermatology conditions (Hot spots, lick granulomas, infections, allergies, feline acne)
- Dental procedures including pain relief from tooth extractions
- Fractures & wounds (bites, cuts, abrasions & lesions)
- Ear infections
- Inflammatory bowel disease