Healing with Laser Therapy
Oak Forest Veterinary Hospital uses laser therapy in our hospital to aid in the healing of damaged tissue and pain relief. Laser therapy provides a non–invasive, pain–free, surgery-free, drug-free treatment which is used in a variety of conditions and may be performed in conjunction with existing treatments. Relief and improvement is often noticed within hours.
Laser Therapy uses a beam of light to deeply penetrate tissue without damaging it to stimulate the body to heal from within. The laser light energy induces a biological response in the cells which leads to a reduction in pain, inflammation and speedier healing times.
Laser Therapy treatments are administered by a thoroughly trained veterinary technician under the direction of a veterinarian. The laser light is delivered through a noninvasive hand piece to treat the affected areas. Laser therapy treatments are custom tailored for each patient and condition, completely pain free and typically last only 5 to 10 minutes to complete.
Laser Therapy is effective in treating both acute and chronic conditions. The list of laser therapy treatments is large. Some common treatments include:
- Treatment of arthritis, degenerative joint disease or hip dysplasia.
- General pain management (fractures, sprains, strains & stiffness).
- Post-surgical healing & pain relief (spays, neuters, declaws and other surgeries).
- Dermatology conditions (Hot spots, lick granulomas, infections, allergies, feline acne).
- Dental procedures including pain relief from tooth extractions.
- Fractures & wounds (bites, cuts, abrasions & lesions).
- Ear infections
- Inflammatory bowel disease
Click Here for more information from Companion Therapy Laser.
Click Here for videos from Companion Therapy Laser.