Our Culture is Unique!
- We have invested in building infrastructure & technology in our new 7000 sq ft facility, which feels warm and spacious with 6 exam rooms and 1 grief/consultation room
- We are proud to be privately owned, not corporate-owned
- Our support team ratio 5:1 to reduce stress for team members, clients & patients
- We are closed on Saturdays & Sundays, so our team enjoys having weekends with their families
- Everyone is encouraged to be open about mistakes so we can correct them & learn from each other
- We are committed to staying positive & supportive of each other; all team members sign a Team Agreement, to help avoid gossip
- We have an inclusive, diverse work environment– any form of exclusionary behavior is not tolerated
- We encourage friendly, meaningful interactions between team members with team building events at work and fun outings outside of business hours
- We genuinely care about our clients; when they share their major life events with us, we send them Get Well, Congratulations, and Thinking of You cards
- Our client retention rate is high, with many returning to us with their pets, generation after generation
What Our Team Says
“I believe in the medicine that we practice and trust that it’s the best quality of care for our patients. I also value the bond that we as a practice have built with each other; I can always count on any of my teammates.”
-- Karly Shimerka, LVT
“I love working at OFVH because to me it’s not just a clinic but a community where I can fully express both my love of animals and my desire to make all clients and patients feel truly taken care of. I have great trust in each doctor and consistently witness a level of humanity that reassures me that I’m at the right clinic.”
-- Sarah Miller, Receptionist
“OFVH is a family owned veterinary practice that operates with a positive team environment. This is a practice that provides veterinarians with all the tools needed to consistently deliver high quality medicine to our patients. The clients we serve are very receptive to DVM diagnosis and treatment plans further allowing the pursuit of best care for their pets. From DVM rounds and whole hospital staff meetings to staff socials and holiday parties we are a veterinary hospital that likes to practice high quality medicine and still have lots of fun!”
-- Dr. Beverly Crocker
We Have Strong Ties to our Local Community!
- Voted #1 neighborhood favorite 3 years in a row on Nextdoor
- Voted #1 Best Veterinary Hospital by the Houston Chronicle’s Best of the Best
- Won Reader’s Choice Award 10 years in a row for best practice & best veterinarian
- Proud sponsor of Oak Forest Elementary School and many local events, such as the RUN the GROVE 5K, Tour de Oak Forest, “More Than 1Way 2Play” campaign which raised funds to build a playground for all abilities, Garden Oaks Wine Walk fundraiser for the Garden Oaks Constable program, Oak Dads’ Club, The Beacon Homeless Services and numerous local schools.
- Oak Forest is a proud sponsor of the 100 Club, which provides financial support to the dependents of law enforcement officers & firefighters killed or seriously injured in the line of duty
- As a veterinary team, we sponsor a family every year for the holidays through Kids' Meals, Inc. Our team members purchase gifts and donate their time to have a “wrap party” to wrap all the gifts; we then hand deliver all items to the family in need
- Oak Forest is a member of the Oak Forest Homeowners Association, Garden Oaks Homeowners Association and Houston Heights Association
- Dr. Moore is a longstanding committee member of the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, President of the Harris County Veterinary Medical Association for 2023, as well as the representative of Harris County on the Board of Directors of the Texas Veterinary Medical Association
Don't take our word for it...
“We've been going to Oak Forest Veterinary Hospital for over 4 years. They've been great to our two dogs and cat. One of our dogs is reactive and deals with anxiety, but the team always does a great job of making her feel at ease; by the end of the appointment she's giving them kisses and asking for belly rubs. We couldn't be happier and would highly recommend them.”
read what our clients have to say about us!
-- Luis Jensen
“As always my dog loves going to see everyone at Oak Forest Vet's office - service and care is wonderful! Been a client since the early 80s with all pets throughout the years!”
-- Rose Lopez
“The BEST vet experience I have ever had from start to finish!! The people are what makes this place but I will also mention how clean and beautiful the building itself was! Everyone here was so kind, helpful, patient, and extremely loving and sweet to my pup…Truly everyone here went above and beyond for us and it was just so clear everyone there loves what they do. After having a very negative experience at another popular vet in the area I am beyond relieved to have found Oak Forest Veterinary clinic!! I will keep taking my boy here forever!!”
-- Evan Beeler
Why Relocate to the Houston Area:
- We enjoy sunny skies year-round
- Houston is home to NASA’s Johnson Space Center
- Our art scene and museums are unmatched; for example, the Museum of Fine Arts houses O’Keeffe, Picasso and Van Gogh works
- Endless fun outing options, such as the Improv Comedy Club or the Alamo Draft House.
- Known as “Space City,” the area has 3 stadiums where you can root for professional teams like the Houston Astros, the Houston Rockets, or the Houston Texans
- Our restaurant options are diverse and nationally recognized, including James Beard Award-winning chefs, featuring cuisine heavily influenced by Vietnamese, Tex-Mex, Texas barbecue, and Latin-American cuisines
- Our lack of state income tax highly compliments Houston’s reputation as a haven for working professionals
- Houston has a low cost of living, compared to other major cities across the United States
- Associate DVM
- Licensed Veterinary Technician
- Veterinary Assistant
- Client Care/Receptionist
- Kennel Technician