What Counts Is on the Inside
We notice our pet’s athleticism, shiny coat, and wagging tail. But if your animal is not healthy on the inside, his or her external beauty can fade fast.
Oak Forest Veterinary Hospital has been providing the best veterinary internal medicine services to the Houston area for years. Internal medicine procedures and conditions can sound intimidating. But we’ll guide you through the diagnosis and treatment process, just like with any other service we provide.
Our staff is trained in the following areas:
- Endocrinology—The study of the thyroid and adrenal glands, the pancreas, the hypothalamus, and the pituitary gland. This helps us find diseases like diabetes, Cushing’s disease, and Addison’s disease.
- Gastroenterology—The study of the esophagus, stomach, intestines, liver, gall bladder, and pancreas. Nonsurgical procedures are used to see inside the body and diagnose illness or other issues.
- Nephrology—The study of the kidneys to diagnose and treat both acute and chronic conditions.
- Respiratory medicine—The study of the upper and lower respiratory tracts, from nose to lungs. From feline asthma to your dog’s bronchitis, this is the discipline that helps us diagnose and treat many common diseases.
- Urology—The study of the bladder and urethra. From bladder infections to tumors, urology is the science of understanding a host of common troubles your pet may be having.
Please contact us if you believe your pet is having any symptoms related to the conditions and diseases described above. They are serious, but they do have solutions.