COVID-19: Information and Updates
As veterinary industry experts, we are always vigilant about communicable diseases that can impact our patients, their owners, and staff.
With the recent outbreak of COVID-19, we are taking extra measures above and beyond our already-high standards to help ensure the safety of everyone:
- We are using medical-grade disinfectants more frequently in high traffic areas, including, door handles, light switches, faucets, front counters, phones, keyboards, exam rooms, restrooms, ink pens, clip boards and more;
- We have implemented curbside concierge service to maintain safe distances as recommended by the CDC.
- Oak Forest Vet has implemented telemedicine where you can book an appointment with either a text chat or video chat for behavioral issues, nutritional consultations, quality of life discussions, and simply, does my pet need to come in for a hands on exam as an example.
- All employees are reminded to stay home if they are experiencing flu-like symptoms;
- We ask those pet owners who have an appointment with us and are feeling under the weather to please call our office before coming in so we can determine the best plan for taking care of your pet.
- As the situation is rapidly changing, we are regularly monitoring information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and federal and state/local agencies to follow all recommended protocol;
For more information about COVID-19 and pets please visit the link followinghttp://bit.ly/3a1zDm0. It provides a great resource from the American Animal Veterinary Medical Association. If you have additional questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us.
At this time, we will remain open for business during our regular hours and will continue working hard to provide the level of care you have come to expect from us!